Careers at Bell Power
Our Values, Purpose, Vision, and Mission define who we are. Our commitment to our culture powers opportunities for our team members and innovative solutions for our customers.
- Personal and Professional Growth
- Relational Connectedness
- Doing the right Thing
Develop People to Develop the Business
Create Value to Create Opportunity
Through: People, relationships, solutions, and products
We offer our people limitless opportunity for excellence by providing our customers state of the art, competitive, and world-class power solutions. However, it isn’t good enough just to know our products and our company. If we are going to be successful applying power solutions into a customer’s equipment, we need to make a customer’s business our business and show them we are the best partner in the industry. Customers need a power solution provider that knows their applications, knows their customers, knows their business, and knows we will provide the highest level of support when they need it. We make the customers’ business our business.
Product Support Technician
This is a fast paced Product Support team position that requires daily interaction with customers, OEM’s, Dealers, End Users as well as all internal company departments and personnel. A high level of clerical documentation and processing with an understanding of mechanical product, technical operation and warranty is a plus. Some shop and/or field service is required with acclimate weather and heavy lifting. Training is available to the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle incoming service support request, phone, e-mail, electronic etc…
- Provide specifications, technical advice/troubleshooting to OEM, Dealers and Customers as needed.
- Arrange service support through the dealer network to meet customer expectations.
- Provide clear documentation of service supplied or action taken.
- Provide daily call report to all departments with a summary of key concerns in the CRM.
- Work with Engineering, Production, Sales and Parts Teams on any identified areas of concern determined through service support actions.
- Time to time individuals will be required to perform in field support potentially requiring extended travel, adverse conditions, lifting, awkward positioning and long hours.
- Manage assigned DTAC cases.
- Enter DTAC cases as needed for customer service.
- Assist Dealer with DTAC system needs.
- Work with Engineering and Production to perform functional testing of product to meet application requirements as needed.
- Analyze data collected during testing.
- Issue and follow through all RMA’s to completion.
- Inspect and/or make determination on all returned RMA items so that all open RMA’s are current.
- Provide accurate warranty guidelines to customers including status and coverage.
- Document all internally performed warranty claims for warranty submittal.
- Submit all warranty claims within 5 days of failure repair completion.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have mechanical/testing skills proven by verifiable and specific work experience
- A working knowledge of engine technology and industrial equipment
- Must have current computer skills relevant to the field of competence
- Must have ability to work within schedule and budget restraints
- Must have ability to maintain a professional demeanor
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Travel independently
- Awkward mobility positions to work on engines
- Ownership and Accountability
- Team work and collaboration
- Business discipline
- Sense of urgency
- Ability to find, read, and open drawings in CAD or SolidWorks is a plus
Education and Experience Required
- A 2 year Degree in a mechanical discipline preferred
- 0-2 years of experience of increasing responsibility will be considered
Job Type: Full-time
Production Mechanical Assembly Technician
The Assembly Technician is responsible for producing engine packages by assembling parts and subassemblies. This individual must be a quick learner and be willing to be cross-trained to work in the flow line, cells, or code cell.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Read and interpret assembly blueprints or specifications in manuals and plan assembly or building operations according to established guidelines and quality standards.
Manage inventory following established guidelines and procedures including labeling and locating parts, picking parts from appropriate locations in specified quantities, delivering parts to work areas, and recording and communicating inventory levels.
Inspect, operate, and test completed products to verify functioning, machine capabilities, or conformance to customer specifications.
Position or align components for assembly; set and verify parts clearances
Verify conformance of parts to stock lists or blueprints, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
Collect all material and equipment outlined in the engineering specifications for the certain package.
Fasten or install piping, fixtures, or wiring and electrical components to form assemblies.
Lie out and drill, ream, tap, or cut parts for assembly.
Rework, repair, or replace damaged parts or assemblies.
Measure dimensions of completed products to verify conformance to specifications.
Properly use wrenches, power drills, mallets, hammers, chisels, and gauges.
Perform routine maintenance on equipment.
Maintain inventory of parts in work stations.
Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified.
Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Document actions by completing production and quality forms.
Cross train throughout the shop; understand various builds and product lines.
Essential Physical Requirements
Must be able to lift 50-75 pounds, stand for extended periods of time, have manual dexterity.
Education and Experience Required
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
Must have at minimum one year of mechanical background
Product Manager-Marine Engines and Accessories
Develop and implement successful product and marketing strategies to profitably grow sales of a designated product line to both existing and new customers and applications throughout the territory. This position is located in our Essex, CT facility.
Reports To: Marine Market Manager
Product Design & Selection
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of available products for potential customer applications and how they can best be utilized
- Develop a comprehensive understanding (strengths, weaknesses) of competitive products offered within the territory.
- Assist salesman with engine product selection and presentation.
- Develop and implement successful strategies to maintain and / or grow market share.
- Coordinate prototype package development and promotion for assigned products.
- Train existing sales force to promote the features and benefits of assigned products.
- Gather market data (customer needs and competitive features) to drive competitive and differentiated engine package designs.
- Define and communicate to engineering functional specifications, features, and performance characteristics for new product power unit platforms.
- Project management of new customer applications to ensure on time delivery within defined scope
- Participate in material planning activity for assigned products. Work with sales force and order fulfillment coordinators to utilize existing tools and processes to forecast, plan, and procure material to assure competitive lead times for assigned products.
- Develop and implement alternate strategies to plan material, meet customer lead times and avoid excess or obsolete inventory.
- Develop and execute a phase out /transition strategy for discontinued products and their replacements
Market Analysis and Development
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of available customer applications and uses for products within the territory
- Utilize leads and market data to identify new customers and applications for assigned products.
- Understand current regulations, certifications and type approvals, including but not limited to, ABS, IMO, USCG and how they apply to inland waterways and ocean-going vessels
Cost / Pricing Strategy
- Work with in-house engineering and purchasing groups to optimize engine packages for cost and customer value.
- Gather and organize competitive pricing feedback
- Assist account managers with cost estimates and pricing strategy for new products.
- Review margin reports to evaluate cost / pricing effectiveness
- Lead the annual pricing review process for assigned products
Projections / Forecasts
- Assist with and provide short term and long term sales forecasts for assigned products
- Work with service group to identify and resolve customer product issues so as to assures repeat sales
- Assist with special projects as needed including new product evaluation, acquisition due diligence, and other
- Participate in ongoing product discussions with engine supplier contacts. Represent Superior Diesel / Bell Power with the highest levels of competency and professionalism to our engine suppliers.
Parts Sales Specialist
Parts Sales Specialist - Ohio Operations
Headquartered in Rhinelander, WI, Superior Diesel (www.sdiesel.com) is one of North America’s largest, authorized value-add distributors of John Deere industrial / marine diesel engines, Kohler industrial diesel engines, and Zenith Spark Ignited industrial engines.
We are currently seeking a sales and customer service representative for our service parts team based out of Seville, Ohio.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Fielding customer inquiries via telephone, email, and web site
· Identifying and recommending the appropriate items needed
· Providing price and lead time for customer service part inquiries
· Processing customer orders
· Working with key suppliers to procure parts
· Invoicing and inventory management via the company and supplier ERP systems
· Fielding status inquiries on existing orders
· Customer service and communication skills
· Familiarity with business computer systems in a distribution or manufacturing environment
· The ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
· Familiarity with replacement parts / mechanical aptitude
· Attention to detail and organization
· A bachelor’s or associates degree in business or related field is preferred
Location: The expectation is this position will be based in Superior Diesel’s Seville, Ohio office at least initially for training and orientation. Superior Diesel will consider a hybrid (office / remote) work environment arrangement for the right candidate.
Ready to apply? Apply online »
Our professional staff is ready to assist you with your drivetrain and diesel engine requirements in whatever market you serve. Our skilled engineers can custom design products to fit your specific application needs and our production team is experienced and well versed in application and assembly.CONTACT US NOW!