Careers at Bell Power
Our Values, Purpose, Vision, and Mission define who we are. Our commitment to our culture powers opportunities for our team members and innovative solutions for our customers.
- Personal and Professional Growth
- Relational Connectedness
- Doing the right Thing
Develop People to Develop the Business
Create Value to Create Opportunity
Through: People, relationships, solutions, and products
We offer our people limitless opportunity for excellence by providing our customers state of the art, competitive, and world-class power solutions. However, it isn’t good enough just to know our products and our company. If we are going to be successful applying power solutions into a customer’s equipment, we need to make a customer’s business our business and show them we are the best partner in the industry. Customers need a power solution provider that knows their applications, knows their customers, knows their business, and knows we will provide the highest level of support when they need it. We make the customers’ business our business.
Production Mechanical Assembly Technician
Are you looking to work for a small company with a family feel? Do you enjoy working in a manufacturing environment and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty? If you like to tinker with your own vehicles or are mechanically inclined, we want to speak to you!
The Assembly Technician is responsible for producing engine packages by assembling parts and subassemblies. This individual must be a quick learner and be willing to be cross-trained to work in the flow line, cells, or code cell.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and interpret assembly blueprints or specifications in manuals and plan assembly or building operations according to established guidelines and quality standards.
- Manage inventory following established guidelines and procedures including labeling and locating parts, picking parts from appropriate locations in specified quantities, delivering parts to work areas, and recording and communicating inventory levels.
- Inspect, operate, and test completed products to verify functioning, machine capabilities, or conformance to customer specifications.
- Position or align components for assembly; set and verify parts clearances
- Verify conformance of parts to stock lists or blueprints, using measuring instruments, such as calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
- Collect all material and equipment outlined in the engineering specifications for the certain package.
- Fasten or install piping, fixtures, or wiring and electrical components to form assemblies.
- Lie out and drill, ream, tap, or cut parts for assembly.
- Rework, repair, or replace damaged parts or assemblies.
- Measure dimensions of completed products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Properly use wrenches, power drills, mallets, hammers, chisels, and gauges.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- Maintain inventory of parts in work stations.
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Cross train throughout the shop; understand various builds and product lines.
Essential Physical Requirements
- Must be able to lift 50-75 pounds, stand for extended periods of time, have manual dexterity.
Education and Experience Required
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Must have at minimum one year of mechanical background
Production Inventory/Material Handler
Here at Superior Diesel/Bell Power Systems, our Values are: Personal and Professional Growth, Relational Connectedness, and Doing the Right Thing. Our Purpose is Developing the People to Develop the Business. Our Vision is to Create Value to Create Opportunity, we do this through people, relationships, solutions, and products. Our Values, Purpose, Vision, and Mission define who we are, we are looking for someone who connects with these values and is interested in working for a company that cares about it’s employees and those who feel that they would be proud to represent Bell Power Systems.
A Production Inventory Handler oversees and keeps records of all inventory. More specifically, they are responsible for maintaining inventory and locations. Pulling and staging production jobs to make sure that production flow is uninterrupted and unobstructed. Material Handlers also update inventory records and compile weekly or monthly reports for the management. Additional tasks as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Pull and stage parts and engines for production orders, keeping the flow uninterrupted.
- Update work orders with parts pulled.
- Prep engines and/or parts for production by removing crating and disposing of it.
- Maintain / Clean parts staging areas.
- Remove waste daily from production areas.
- Maintain area around both scrap metal and wood dumpsters with assistance from shipping & receiving team. Coordinate with shipping lead on full dumpster pick up scheduling.
- Operate lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Locate parts and engines physically and in ERP systems.
- Maintain physical locations which includes creating needed rack space, product location and part labels with barcoding.
- Cycle count and physical inventory planning and execution.
- Investigate part and engine discrepancies.
- Make inventory adjustments when necessary.
- Work with purchasing team to utilize engine take-off inventory.
- Assist in receiving and shipping department when requested.
- Coordinate with Shipping & Receiving that forklifts are kept charged and ready for use.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Must have telephone communication skills and etiquette.
- Must be able to work well with others and assist the public cooperatively and courteously.
- Must be able to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Must be able to work efficiently and accurately in an atmosphere of frequent interruption.
- Must have knowledge of English, including proper use of grammar, punctuation, spelling and style.
- Must demonstrate competency with computers.
- Must be able to operate standard office machines.
- Must be able to work independently and carry out assignments to completion with minimum instruction and adhere to established routines and practices.
- Must have an excellent work ethic and superior attendance.
Warehouse Shipping and Receiving AssociateReady to apply? Apply online »
Our professional staff is ready to assist you with your drivetrain and diesel engine requirements in whatever market you serve. Our skilled engineers can custom design products to fit your specific application needs and our production team is experienced and well versed in application and assembly.CONTACT US NOW!